Thirty-one thing to survive in the woods
Whether you are going to spend a weekend in the woods and live there for a few weeks, you'll need a good outfit for bushkrafta - survival in the forest.
One of the main requirements, which must be presented to the equipment - good value for money. You must be willing to pay good money for the equipment, if it will serve you for a long time. Usually equipment is used a lot, and often must withstand weeks of continuous operation. Most of the equipment items will be with you for years and maybe proputeshestvuet you halfway around the world. The strongest elements of the equipment will be tested over the years, and the rest otseetsya over time.
A modular approach
For equipment for survival in the forest, you can use a modular approach. All things must be divided thematically - the basic survival kit, items for emergency care, cooking equipment, and so on - and are packaged in individual bags. This system will fit perfectly around, and you - quickly pack up and make sure that you are all right and only thing that you do not gain too much stuff "just in case". When you get out into nature, you have the whole place to be, and all will be on the spot.
That's what I advise to remember seasoned travelers: sometimes a little - it's better than a lot. Let your kit for survival in the wild is always as simple as possible and the best. Try to reduce the amount of things, but to increase their functionality. Below is a set of things - the result of careful "cut" unnecessary. KIT FOR SLEEP AND SHELTER
1. A sleeping bag. Of the many bags you have to choose the one that is best suited for this time of year and location. If the weight - it is a decisive argument, you can choose a sleeping bag with goose down. Otherwise, take the synthetic sleeping bags - they are stronger, cheaper, and easier (and cheaper too) to erase.
2. Tourist mat. There are self-inflating mattresses and "foam" - mats of closed-cell foam. Everyone chooses that it is more convenient.
3. Waterproof sleeping bag. The usual army bag - one of the best. It is simple, durable, roomy, not too heavy and relatively inexpensive. It can be stored in the bag. A small tip: crumple it better than neatly folded - constant folding over in the same places will reduce its water repellency, so just shove it haphazardly.
4. Tarpaulin. Under a piece of canvas decent size, you can not just sleep, but generally live. Beneath it is much more space than can be in a tent. In sufficiently warm season in the forest better sleep that way. You wake up fresh and cheerful and right in the environment, and do not cut off from it. The market is now a lot of different kinds of tarpaulins. It may be advisable Hilleberg XP10 - it weighs no heavier than other types of tent, but gives twice as much space. Its dimensions - 3, 5, 3 meters, which means 10 square meters of space. When the take with a tarp, and always take a rope, which you tie the trees to the tarpaulin at her throw. On the same rope under a tarp to hang things, such as a flashlight or wet socks, and not be afraid that they will wet rain. KIT FOR CARRYING
5. Backpack. Tastes are different. This set is represented by Karrimor SF Sabre 45. Someone like pockets drawstring, someone - on straps or zippers, and so on, choose what you prefer.
6. The compression bag. This set is represented Ortleib dry bag. He was not the easiest, but it is very durable and completely waterproof.
COOKING AND WATER
7. Tin pot. Here is a very common pot Zebra Stainless Steel Billy Can tourists in the environment. He is absolutely impenetrable and can be used for years. And it is quite heavy. It is better to store in the bag, so as not to stain the soot all the other things in a backpack, and in itself can be folded collapsible pot shell and a collapsible jerry cans.
8. Water purifier. The first and most reliable method of water purification - boiling. But it is not always possible to make a fire, especially when you're on the road. In the case where there is no time to engage in a fire, it is possible to resort to an effective and easy-to-use water purifiers Pre-Mac MWP.
9. Spoon. Of all the cutlery can be dispensed only with a spoon.
10. A bottle of water and a metal cup. Just needed at survival.
11. Another bottle of water. It is better to be able to carry with them at least two liters of water.
12. A set of toiletries. To visit the restroom. This is a very small duffel bag, which contains toilet paper, wet wipes, alcohol-gel hand and a lighter.
13. Set for washing. In the fresh air is necessary to observe hygiene. You should bring the most necessary accessories. Basis set: Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and a razor. As the mirror while shaving, you can use a mirror on the compass (29). CLOTHES
14. Water-proof suit. The market is now a great variety of different impervious light clothing aimed primarily at climbers. They are well protected, but the forests are easily damaged. To crawl through the bushes, pull on itself firewood and so on will need something poprochnee. Not to mention the fact that you can burn it. High-quality waterproof jacket (pictured - Norrona Recon Jacket, but it is by no means the only option) in combination with low-cost but reliable durable pants help to survive even hours of rain.
15. Insulated clothing. Classic wool shirt Swandri are ideal for the forest, and there is no fear that they will flash from a spark. They are much stronger than wool sweaters.
16. Spare clothes. Spare socks, underwear and T-shirt.
17. Light warm clothing. For example, Ullfrotte 200g top. It can be put in a duffel bag. Also, it can be worn in a sleeping bag in the event of unexpected cold nights. Many people wear this clothing as the top and bottom do not like - it's wrong, it's not designed for this, it is made to wear it under another layer of clothing. knitted loops easily extended, so you need anything to wear on top of at least a simple cotton shirt. On the same duffel bag can be folded items 18, 19 and 20, when they are not needed.
18. Bandana. Most cotton bandana. It can be used in many ways - from scarves to towels, from primitive water filter to the bandage.
19. Warm cap. Never forget to pack light, but warm hat, regardless of the season. The heat loss through the head can be very significant. 20. Sun headdress. Even in the woods on a hot day can be very presence hats affect your performance and the level of fatigue. Field protect the eyes from the sun and the ears of the erosion. This type of hat, as in the photo, will help you hide your head and shade the face - in case you want to remain invisible in the wild.
21. headlamp. In the summer months headlamp not needed, but it is still best to take it at all times.
22. Ax. To spend a weekend in the woods, an ax is not so necessary, but it can be a great help if you know how to safely use them.
23. Knife bushkrafta. The most important tool for this.
24. Folding Saw. Together with knife - indispensable combination.
25. Flint Swedish Firesteel. This simple object - a reliable way to fire production. According to the manufacturer, it is capable of withstanding 12,000 uses (imagine - to carry a 12,000 matches!). However, in some situations, it is easier to use matches, so it's best to bring a little bit.
26. The pouch for small items. It can be folded as much as you want and how much you want.
27. First Aid Kits. Its contents - the subject of a separate article. A small first-aid kit should help you deal with cuts and other minor injuries. It is better to add a bandage in case of serious damage. Army dressings readily absorb moisture and packaged in a waterproof container.
28. Map pouch and card. Case - this is very important, otherwise the card will get wet. If you have a lot of cards, they can be worn in special pockets Aloksak. 29. Compass. In the photo - Silva Ranger 15TDCL. Compass - a simple, yet secure object. It does not require batteries, is rarely wrong, he can always be trusted. It can be used not only to find north. Mirror it is useful for a variety of operations - retrieve from the mote from the eye to help feed signal at large distances.
30. Notepad in cover. Useful to write notes to record important information, keep a diary, sketch and so on.
31. Binoculars. A very important element of equipment. Bushkraft - is not just a means of survival with minimal means (as you might think on the basis of this article), but rather a study of wildlife. Binoculars in this case - the chief assistant. Whether you watch the deer in the woods or near a butterfly on a flower, binoculars will help you see a lot more, being seen himself.