What to do in a flood
Factors flood hazard and flood: the destruction of homes and buildings, bridges; erosion of railways and highways; accident in engineering networks; destruction of crops; loss of life and destruction of animals.
Due to the floods, the flood begins sagging houses and land, there are shifts and collapses.
During the period of floods and flood Broadcasting Network in the flats and workplaces must operate around the clock, as the population is informed in advance. Check out the warning signals, evacuation measures and rules, prepare for it in advance.
Actions in the event of the threat of flooding, the flood:
1. Listen carefully to information about the emergency and instructions about how to proceed, do not use your phone without the need for it to be free to communicate with you.
2. Stay calm, warn neighbors, assist the invalids, children and elderly people.
3. Check with local authorities and local self-government gathering place for residents evacuate and prepare for it.
4. Prepare documents, clothes, the most necessary things, a stock of food for several days, drugs. Put everything in a suitcase. Documents are stored in a waterproof bag.
5. Disconnect all consumers of electric current from the power supply off gas.
6. Move valuables and food to the upper floors and rising to the top shelf. Actions in the sudden flood zone during a flood, the flood:
1. Stay calm, do not panic.
2. Quickly gather the necessary documents, valuables, medicines, food and other necessary things.
3. Provide assistance to children, disabled and elderly people. They have to be evacuated first.
4. If possible, immediately leave the flooded zone.
5. turn off electricity, gas, extinguish the fire in the furnace before leaving the house. Close windows and doors, if you have time - close the windows and doors of the first floor boards (shields).
6. Climb to the upper floors. If the one-storey house - loan attic.
7. Before the arrival of assistance to stay on the upper floors, roofs, trees or other elevations, signal rescuers, to enable them to quickly identify you.
8. Once in the water, remove any heavy clothing and shoes, look for near objects that you can use to get help.
9. Do not overload the life saving equipment (boats, rafts).
If you are in a car:
· Avoid driving on flooded road - you can carry over.
· If you are in a flood zone, but the car broke down, leave it and call for help.
Actions after the recession of the water:
1. Listen to the radio and follow the instructions of rescue services.
2. Use caution when returning to the house. Check whether its structure (walls, floors) are reliable.
3. Finding the house and around the pool of standing water, immediately fill it with 2 liters of bleach and pour bleach. 4. Do not pull all the water at once (it can damage the foundation) - Every day allot only about a third of the total water volume.
5. Do not live in the house where the water remained standing.
6. Beware of electric shock -. If the water layer is thicker on the floor 5 cm, wearing rubber boots.
7. Make sure that the electrical cables are not kontachat water. In flooded areas immediately turn off the power to the switchboards, if you have not already.
8. If the floor in the electrical wet, cover it with a dry board and stand on it. To turn off the electricity, use a dry stick.
9. If you suspect that the drinking water in the well or column dirty, use water beforehand stored up in bottles, or boil it for 5 minutes.
10. Wash or obezzarazte soiled dishes and eating utensils, using hot water or bleach (a teaspoon of bleach to a sink filled with water).
11. Clean house of all the debris and water-soaked items.
12. Remove the remaining silt mud and dirt, discard contaminated bedding, clothing, furniture and other items.
13. Clean all surfaces in the house. In this case, ensure good ventilation to clear the air of toxic fumes.