What is the biggest tank in the world? Deutsch?
If you think that the biggest tank in the world in the German photo - you're wrong. More Russian Bat (Die Fledermaus) or Mammoth, King-tank, as it is called, tanks on the planet was not. But more unfortunately, it does not mean powerful.
Tanks giants in the history of
Bat - a huge overland armored vehicles with machine guns, there is no analogues in the world. Why? Because at the first show of his, he showed the futility of military affairs, as stuck in the mud a 9-meter wheels. Mammoth was dismantled for scrap, but remained as the largest ever created in the history of the tanks. What were its size, you will learn by reading the article until the end. And now let's talk about another giant of the world tank building deserves your attention grandiosity ideas.
If this project is realized, the absolute leadership of the size of the tank in history would belong to Germany. And perhaps it is this country would have won a victory in the Second World War. Do not believe me? Then read on.
Tank "Rat" - the brainchild of Edward Grotta. Nazi design engineer decided to create the most powerful and surpasses in size all known armored tank. Weighing machine according to his calculations was 1,000 tons with a length of 39 meters, width 14 and a height of 11 meters. According to the draft armor "Rat" was supposed to be more than 35 cm, and the maximum speed - 35 km / h. The tank was designed for a crew of 27 people.
The drawings of this monster Grotte in 1942, sent to Hitler. Fuhrer approved the project, and began its implementation. But a year later she was stopped: spend too much material. And the technology needed for the development of "Rats" at the time was not yet. What do you think if this, the largest German tank in the world, has become a reality, what would be the outcome of the war?
By the way, a similar attempt recorded in the Soviet Union - to create a 1000-ton tank. The project is called the TG-5, but it also has not been realized.
Are there giants in modern tank building?
Among the most overall tanks without compromising their maneuverability note of the German Leopard 2A6. It weighs 62 tons, the effort to book the tower, there is an additional anti-mine protection. In length with a gun he is 9670 mm in width - 3700 mm. Height - 2790 mm.
It is also worth to say about the Israeli Merkava. This tank and infantry fighting vehicles, machine guns and mortar with one. This functionality makes the tank is big and heavy, but it saves other combat vehicles.
Top 10 largest tanks in the world
10. At the tenth position of the Soviet "Object 279". It was created in 1957. Tank 9, 8 meters in length, the height - 3, 6 meters. How much does he weigh? 60 tons and apparently somewhat resembled a flying saucer. But to combat his test was not allowed due to poor maneuverability.
9. TOG I. Tank English. Year of creation 1940. Dimensions: 10, 1 meter (length), 3, 1 meter (width), 3 m (height). Curb weight 65 tons. Released in a single copy, since this machine was one significant disadvantage - weak armor. That was due to the fact that the design of the tank used obsolete technology.
8. The T-28 Turtle. Work on the US "Turtle" began in 1943. But because of bureaucratic delays on the actual service it never came. tank length exceeding 10 m, width - 2, 8 meters. At the curb as he weighed 86 tons, and its armor was designed to to withstand frontal shots of the German Panther.
7. A-30 Tortoise. Another turtle, but the British. 10-meter long, 3 meters in height and 3, 9 meters in width. It weighed 78 tons. Fully justifies its name, because it was very slow. However, not only the Tortoise, but also its design, it was stopped due to the end of the war.
6. E-100. Heavy (140 tons), but very promising German tank 12 m long, 4 m wide and a height of 3 m 2. However, in the battle, he himself did not show. The war ended before he was admitted to military trials.
5. Maus. The Fuehrer personally ordered to develop a "mouse" to increase the power of the Wehrmacht. Thus was created the machine weighing 180 tons, 10, 2 m; 3, 5 m; 3, 6 m (length; width; height).
4. FCM F1. France, in 1939 - the beginning of the development of the tank FCM F1. 2 tower weight - 145 tons, 12 m - length of 3, 6 m - width, 12 cm - thickness of armor. To finish the job it failed due to the onset of the Wehrmacht.
3. K-Wagen. Steel fortress on wheels: 13 m; 3m; 3, 5 m Weight "fortress" -. 150 tons. The first sample of Germans gathered in 1918 and they themselves destroyed, t. To. Atlanta's troops were close to the manufacturing shop floor.
2. Char 2C. A Frenchman by birth, weighing 75 tons. Extremely slow and clumsy, with irrepressible appetite for fuel absorption. Machine length was 10, 2 meters, width - 3, the height - 4 m. published a series of tanks for the front, to break through the barrier of the enemy line. Withdrawn from service in 1940, as turned out to be useless for mobile warfare.
1. And the first place. It belongs to, as we said above, the Russian mammoth. This is the largest tank in the world, in the photo looks more like a wagon Asian rather than fighting machine. I had several names, including "King-tank." The length was 17, 8 m, 12 m wide and 9 in height. It weighed 60 tons. It was assumed that it would serve a crew of 15 people. The serial production of the King-tank was not running: driving slowly even on a flat road, stuck in the mud, was visible at a distance of several kilometers. It remains a mystery how the engineer received permission from Nicholas II to develop a fighting machine?
As the saying goes, we learn from our mistakes. Engineering thought changed direction, and tank size are no longer the main indicator of its effectiveness, combat power. To date, much appreciated flexibility, lightness and adaptability.
And if you were a developer tank, what would it be?