A fascinating journey on the bike to volcanoes Agung and Batur on. Bali.
Today photographer - traveler Vitali Taysaev hold us on an interesting tour
about. Bali Batur volcano.
Greetings! Friends, today we will go on a fascinating journey on the bike to the volcano Batur and see the highest volcano in Bali - Agung. Under the cut a lot of interesting pictures, the story of a properly conducted the ceremony which resulted in the terrible disaster, and of course a touch of Bali!
1. In the vicinity of the volcano lava actively using local building material.
2. Izlivshayasya during eruption thick lava flowing down the slope to stone surface, forming elliptical or hemispherical structures called "tumuli" (tumulus).
3. Cows in Bali - a separate song. Whether a cow, or a deer.
4. On the way to the volcano Batur, a breathtaking landscape on the volcano Agung (3142 m). Volcano Agung significantly affects the Bali climate directing air flows inland. According to the local legend, the volcano Agung created Pasupati god splits mountain Mahmeru (Hindu center of the universe). Vulcan considered the highest point of Bali. What is interesting, the direction of the huts and villages of the island is referred to as kaja - "the mountain" and kelod - "from the mountains". According to local beliefs, the volcano is the guardian spirits of the ancestors. Mount Agung is called Mother and is revered as a shrine. At the foot of the mountain is the temple of Mother Temple, one of the largest Hindu temples in Bali. The last time his dangerous temper volcano showed in 1963. The result is incredibly powerful explosion from the summit of the volcano split off a piece, and the surrounding villages in the eastern part of Bali were flooded with lava. Deadly flows and ash destroyed crops and villages, killing more than 2,000 people. Many years spent on the reconstruction of the region, and the element traces are still visible. The Balinese believe that angered the volcano then selecting the wrong date for the grand ceremony of spiritual purification Eka Dasa Rudra, carried out once in a century. The gods were angry with careless and have revealed a terrible revenge ...
After nearly 5 hour trip on the bike, we have views of the Batur volcano and its eastern caldera, which rests in a bowl the lake of the same name - Danau Batur. According to ancient beliefs, Mirror Lake, filled with 11 springs that seep through the ground and come to the surface in the form of sources in other parts of Bali.
6. Batur - stratovolcano, ie, consisting of layers of the volcano, stratovolcanoes on Earth very much, among them such well-known volcanoes like Mount Vesuvius, Krakatoa, avachinsky...
7. The last eruption dates back to 2000 and is the first historically documented 1804. In 1917, it was a very strong earthquake that killed more than 1,000 of the Balinese.
8. Lake Batur or Danau Batur located at the bottom of the crater giant - caldera and is the largest (8 km in length, 3 km wide..) And one of the most exciting lakes Bali.
Villages on its banks, called bintang danu ( "lake stars"). District of Bali - Batur - was formed about 30 thousand years ago by the eruption of the giant volcano. Often, the entire region is called the Kintamani, although in fact it is just one of several villages scattered along the ring of ancient caldera.
9. The lake is very rich in fish, but dull and will not not for swimming. At the foot of the volcano hit the hot springs (40-50 degrees). Lake Danau Batur - the abode of Dewi Danu, the goddess of the mountain lakes, the main sanctuary for the Balinese.
10. The morning view of the city Abang. In Indonesia dawns about 6 o'clock in the morning.
11. In this panorama you can see all three mountains - Batur (1412), Abang (2151) and Agung (3142).