What brought 100 years of "improving" purebred dogs
The Age of breeding "improvements" pure breeds transformed the once healthy dogs in deformed animals.
It argued that purebred dogs bred have special properties and overall look more beautiful. But recently, there were pictures of the book in 1915, VE Mason "The rocks of all nations" (Breeds Of All Nations by W. E. Mason) clearly demonstrates how over the last century has changed the form we all know dog breeds on the Internet. It is clearly seen as the age-old breeding work on an "improved" breeds adversely affect the appearance and health of purebred dogs.
1. Bull Terrier dog was a beautiful sport. Without ugly muzzle and pendulous abdomen. The new shape of the skull led to the emergence of problems with teeth and progressive deafness. Besides the dog congenital dislocation of the elbow and frequent sunburns.
2. The comparison shows that the basset hound has become much lower while its ears are strongly lengthened in comparison with the dog in the picture 100 years ago. By reducing the hind legs dog got even bigger problems with the spine and hip dysplasia. Because of this, the animal gains weight quickly, that only adds to her illness. Persistent problems with the eyes - from glaucoma to ectropion (cherry eye). Maybe big ears and look cute, but the dog they bring great inconvenience.
3. Modern boxer now has even more problems with overheating due to the fact that the muzzle has become even shorter and more converging than before. Shortening muzzle for example leads to the teeth and hearing problems. A plurality of pups born deaf to one or both ears. Often entropion (inversion century). There are several disorders associated with the preservation of their appearance - aortic stenosis and arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy of the right ventricle, hypothyroidism and bloating.
4. The English Bulldog - star safety net advertising posters Churchill - turned into a real monster through breeding. Today it is one of the most sensitive dogs. In fact, no such thing - a healthy Bulldog: hip dysplasia, congenital dislocation of the elbow, tracheal hypoplasia, dermatitis, skin folds, brachycephalic syndrome, entropion ... Maintaining breed made it impossible childbirth without medical intervention. The average life expectancy - a total of 6, 25 years old.
5. Even the German shepherd, which was often a model "real" dog, is degraded. In his book "Dogs of All Nations" describes the standard 25-30 kg. Today it is much potyazhelevshy dog. This immediately problems with the spine and hind legs. Elbow dysplasia and hip, intervertebral disc disease, lameness. Also, diabetes mellitus, cataract and various tumors. Once the dogs of this breed were able to clear the hurdle height of 2 to 6 meters, but now their cereals omitted, the dog was angular, and his chest is sticking wheel - respectively, the German Shepherd has no such physical characteristics.
6. Pugs received as a gift from a man tail that twice more twisted than before, which, according to Muskulusa, can lead to paralysis. The shortened snout and skin fold often lead to overheating. Pugs, like all brachycephalic have huge problems with breathing and prone to respiratory illness. The shortened muzzle always leads to problems with teeth and infections of the skin folds on the face. They are characterized by obesity. Pug encephalitis is a genetic disease. Symptoms of this disease seizures, disorientation, blindness, coma and death. However, pugs can suffer from epilepsy, that in no way associated with encephalitis.
7. The strongest changes were St. Bernards - once built, athletic breed, and now has a lot of problems with overheating and more susceptible to various diseases. Bernard strongly put on weight. The same elbow dysplasia and hip dislocation of the patella, bloating. Often congenital deafness and epilepsy. In addition, breeders heavily built up his skin. Because of this, the dog quickly overheat. With all its consequences. And cataracts, cherry eye, eversion and inversion of the century.
8. Photos dachshund show how much the proportion of broken legs and the animal's body in comparison with the past, which means a greater risk of exposure to disease and intervertebral discs. We reduced taxes hind legs, which immediately leads to problems with his legs and spine. Dachshunds are much gain weight faster. Problems with the intervertebral discs can make the crippled dog.