Vietnamese chicken, more like dragons
A distinctive feature of the breed chickens rare Vietnamese Dong Tao are imposing massive paws, which are normally not inherent in such medium-sized birds. This breed chickens are bred exclusively in the community Dong Tao, which is located 30 kilometers from Hanoi. Rare breed, once the specially bred for royal kitchens and mandarins, is highly regarded today. Chicken breed Dong Tao served in expensive restaurants catering to wealthy clients, and their paws are considered a delicacy.
1. Chicken breed Dong Tao has a strong body and massive legs, covered with reddish scales.
2. Hens usually have bright plumage, but the roosters - motley.
3. Weight cock can be 6 kilograms and girth paw thickness to reach the human wrist.
4. This rare bird is in great demand, which accounts for such a high price. Dong Tao chicken breed pair can cost US $ 2,500.
5. Dong Tao is very sensitive to changes in the weather and carry fewer eggs than normal chickens.
6. Massive paws complicate the process of hatching eggs, so manufacturers are helping in every way Kvochka.
7. The chicken needed eight months to a year to gain weight 3-5 kg.