The largest and most unusual bridges in the world (27 photos) | ratings
A selection of photos of beautiful and unusual bridges from around the world.
1. Bridge Zavikon Island (Zavikon Island Bridge) is the smallest international bridge in the world. In fact, the bridge is in Canada, but local guides story was concocted to attract tourists, that this bridge connects Canada and the United States, this kind of border between the two countries. The bridge length of 10 meters is the property of Canada, t. To. He is officially recognized as the smallest bridge in the world!
2. Howrah Bridge (Howrah Bridge) - the busiest bridge in the world. Its capacity is surprising! During the day the bridge are about 2 million. Pedestrians, about 100,000 head of cattle and passes more than 100 thousand vehicles! The bridge began to build in 1937 and was built 6 years. The bridge weighing 27,000 tons, 90 meters, a width of 25 meters and length 705 meters 500 of which costs without any support, it is necessary for 70 years and has more than one bolt and Gadget! Looking at the Howrah Bridge seen the constant flow of people and vehicles! That's very beautiful!
3. Blue Bridge located in Saint - Petersburg is the widest bridge in the world. Its width is 97, 3 meters, which is much greater than its length! Blue Bridge was built in the XIX century. The author of this structure was W. Hastie. The bridge passes over the river Moika. The name Blue Bridge comes from the fact that before the construction of the bridge in its place was a beautiful wooden bridge painted in blue. By the way, and the wooden bridge it was as wide as the new Blue Bridge.
4. Sydney Harbour Bridge - this bridge is located in Sydney and is the largest arch bridge in the world. Sydney Harbour Bridge was built in 1932. Due to its shape the bridge was called "hanger". "Hanger" of the bridge, ie. E. Arch weighs 39,000 tons! Arch stands 139 meters above sea level and has a clearance of 49 meters above the water, thanks to which under the bridge safely can pass any maritime vessel. On hot days, the arch increases by 18 cm due to the fact that the metal expands by heating. The weight of the bridge is 52800 tons, and the bridge length 1149 m, width of 49 m.
5. Bridge Royal Gorge Bridge (King's Bridge) from 1929 to 2003 occupied the first place among the largest bridges in the world. The bridge connects the two banks of the Colorado River. Under the bridge is 321 meters long gorge. Earlier this bridge could drive cars, but recently the bridge allowed to move only to pedestrians. The bridge is the most visited by tourists - adrenalinschikami place. It turns out that many who want to jump off a bridge height of 384 meters into a deep gorge! Despite the impressive size of the bridge in height, it has only 5, 5 meters in width. But there is a sad fact about this bridge, it is also the most visited place of suicide.
6. The Millau Viaduct - the bridge is in France. The opening of the bridge took place in 2004. Its height is taller than the Eiffel Tower and is 341 meters, and the length of 2460m. For a time this bridge was considered the tallest bridge in the world, but the Chinese built a bridge above! About Chinese Bridge I tell you further.
7. Sidu River Bridge - bridge passing through the valley of the river Syduhe in China. The bridge was opened in 2009. Its height is 496 meters! This height makes this bridge the highest bridge in the world! The bridge offers beautiful scenery. On the bridge passes G50 highway.
8. Magdeburg bridge aqueduct (water bridge) - this bridge is located in Germany in the city of Magdeburg. The bridge is 918 meters - it gives the bridge a full right to be called the longest navigable bridge in the world. Magdeburg Bridge construction began in 1930, but because of the war in 1942, construction of the bridge had to be postponed. After the split of the country after World War II, the project was postponed indefinitely. Construction of the bridge resumed only in 1990. Operate the bridge began in 1997. The German government has spent on the construction of the aqueduct of 500 million euros.
Bridge 918 meters, a width of 34 meters and a depth of more than 4 meters was constructed from 24,000 tons of steel and 68,000 cubic meters of concrete. Water Bridge is open to visitors. On the bridge is a car park and a museum, which tells the story of Magdeburg Bridge. This is most unusual bridge in our ranking.
9. Rainbow Bridge - the largest natural bridge in the world. Its height is 88, 4 meters, length 83, 8 meters. The bridge was formed after the wash-out rock river flow. The bridge is located in the United States, Utah, at the base of Navajo Mountain.
10. In Bridge - Bains - the longest wooden bridge in the world. The length of the bridge 1, 2km. He began to build in 1860 on the orders of the King of the Kingdom of Burma (now Myanmar), while economic and political crisis. The bridge was built on the advice of the priests to move the capital of the kingdom to a new location. An interesting fact that the bridge U-Bains was built from the palace of the emperor Amarapura residues.
11. Bridge Old Chain of Rocks Bridge - the world's longest bicycle - pedestrian bridge. The bridge is 1631 meters. The bridge is located on the Mississippi River. In the flesh until 1967 the bridge was moving vehicles, the bridge is the highway 66, but later changed the route. After '31 the bridge was officially named the bicycle - pedestrian bridge.
12. Erasmus bridge. The largest drawbridge in Western Europe. The length of the bridge 808 meters. The bridge is located in Rotterdam, he passes through the river Maas. In the homeland of the bridge the bridge was called "The Swan - the bridge" because of the unusual design and shape. Erasmus bridge officially opened by Queen Beatrix in 1996. On the construction of the bridge has been spent around 75 mln. Euro.
13. Bridge Akashi Kaikyo - the longest suspension bridge in the world. The bridge is located in Japan. The central span length of 1991 meters, the total length of 3911 meters. The bridge was built in 1998. On the construction of the bridge 5 billion US dollars were spent. Bridge Akashi Kaikyo has one more record. It turns out that if you pull the thread all steel suspension cables of the bridge, then they can tie the globe seven times as much !!!
14. The bridge over the Bay of Jiaozhou - the longest over-water bridge. The bridge recently built in China. Its length is 42, 5 km. The cost of the bridge cost the Chinese in 8, 7 bln. dollars.
15. The unique bridge Length 145 m 2 km in Novosibirsk. This metro bridge. He took pride of place in the Guinness Book of Records. This bridge not found anywhere else on earth! Project, t. E. Its development took Leningada experts at the end of 1970's. Construction of the bridge took up at the beginning of '80, and continued construction of 5 years.