120 facts about the Dominican Republic through the eyes of Russians
1. Buses in the country are called "gua-gua". Dominicans - people are very friendly, so the seat is designed for one person, it fits 2-3 ass, we must also take into account that the Dominican Republic is a country of magnificent forms with XXXL size. Therefore, in the eyes of bewilderment carcasses weighing 100-120 kilograms, which, again, not together - is understandable.
One taxi driver, with whom I was traveling, uttered a memorable phrase about one Mademoiselle. "Mom, you were born in December and gave you double!" - Dominicans love fat women, it's true. Anyway, if you are female, do not be surprised compliments on the street. Nothing improper in themselves, they do not carry.
2. Advertising in the Dominican Republic. Not that there are any problems with printing, but advertising (for the raffle and food stalls or small garages) to portray the right on the walls of the building with the help of stencils (usually not), brushes and paint. All Dominicans "are able" to draw, and it turns out very funny.
Such a culture of drawing originated as far back as the 70's, when the country appeared the first printing machine, and, of course, print cost mad money in those days.
These brave men here called "Pintaletra" (ICP -. "BukvoKras").
The most famous features in the industry - Lolo Jackson, in fact, he is the father of this culture.
3. In the winter in the Dominican Republic "month" is hanging in the sky above the horns. And it's not a squirrel, as it might seem to tourists. Guys, be careful with the rum, it is, after all, a pirate drink.
4. Dominican Republic choose people like Shakira, Julio Iglesias, and Vin Diesel have even have a couple of favorite strip bars in Santo Domingo. Nothing so look can fire enough for all.
Diesel, by the way, one of the most ardent fans of the country, so in his films often plays Dominican music or the action takes place in the Dominican Republic. Although the "Fast and the Furious 4" and referred to the Dominican Republic, in fact, he did not filmed here. But the "Jurassic Park" - yes, "last hero" Israel, America - yes.
In Puerto Plata Amber Museum (Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic North) is amber, which was shown in the "Jurassic Park". Yes, its cost - 120 thousand dollars in all, oddly enough, the age - about 30 million years in length - 3.5 inches.
The second part of "The Godfather" was filmed partly in the capital of the Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo.
5. On the peninsula of Samana (Dominican Republic North) Oyster is cheaper than lemon - that is 5 pesos apiece.
6. hour to three all the shops close for lunch. But given impressively Dominican mentality, lunchtime can comfortably stretch from 12 to 4 hours. Even saw a couple of distinguished restaurants closed.
The place of honor to sit on a plastic chair during siesta - close to the speed bump. Passing cars forced to stop, and there is a chance a good look at all the passengers - a kind of cinema.
7. Dominican prefer tight clothing, regardless of the splendor of forms. In most cases, the bra is visible because of the cut on the back.
8. If the road is a Dominican in curlers - that's fine, they are very open and are not used to feel embarrassed, well, fine, they are cute. Pedicure / manicure along the road, well, in the sense in front of his house - too gud.
9. In the Dominican Republic such things as Colgate, Fairy, and so on. D. Became common. Therefore, toothpaste - it's not "pasta dental", and Colgate. Detergent - and there Fairy, means for cleaning the floor - Mistolin.
10. Dominican women to come together easily, it is difficult to leave. Broom will not expel, shovel, by the way, too.
11. The Dominican Republic is not considered shameful to travel by car with advertising naleplennoy chickens grilled or Face favorite deputy. It's as if the guy who sold shawarma, traveled to Moscow or St. Petersburg on this unit.
12. In the villages, the main type of advertising is a pickup with two-meter column in the back. For 500 pesos per day, he can inform the entire population of that Pedro is not very large penis, or some new disco.
13. In the Dominican Republic officially authorized early marriage, but only with the consent of the parents. The age of marriage begins with 15 years for girls and 16 years for boys. Therefore 15th anniversary (Quinces) each girl celebrate steeper than age (18).
Pleases The local attitudes towards children in general. The bus is a normal situation if absolutely a stranger asks to take hold in the hands of your baby. Nothing wrong with that no, they really love children.
14. The Dominican 5 minutes - 5 min + infinity (as in any other country in Latin America). Question adjustable. Not the first time, but ...
15. In the Dominican Republic, people firmly believe in the lottery, no, really. We drove through the village on the border with Haiti, where there are shops with food (presumably, people change chicken on vegetables and vice versa), but there are 3 banks (banca -. With Spanish lottery). That's the belief in happiness, falling from the sky. Blow case with greens on napolirovannuyu bald head. MMM here has not yet penetrated, some omission. Mavrodi, just do it!
16. If the Dominican seen as changing the wheel, it is absolutely certain that it is already able to go through the engine with closed eyes. This does not mean that there are bad mechanics at all, just need to know where you give your baby iron.
17. Often in the Dominican Republic in the machine poured oil "all seasons". The answer to your face is usually puzzled: "Yo, bro, because now the winter." I want to give the guy a scraper. Yes, the bus here may well be winter, pay attention to when buying.
18. There are a religious people. On every third car sticker hanging "Jesus will save us", "God is with me, who me?", And, perhaps, the most Incredible - "Jesus taught me to drive, the problem?". In almost all the stalls / shops - a small plate in the frame - "The Lord has blessed this business." I remember when I was passing by the church and heard it sing and play the piano, I was very surprised. With the Russian mentality, I asked Padre: "Why all so much fun?", To which he replied, "So the LORD God - it's fun." This is the right attitude to religion.
19. Motorcycle - this is not the vehicle for two or three people. Here calmly fits up to 6 people.
20. Dominican Republic - the only place in the world where Larimar is mined, a species of blue pectolite, resembles turquoise.
21. Any Dominican, who do not ask, say that he is a descendant of Indians Taino (taino). I wonder where then have got to the descendants of slaves? Again, this is not no shame in my view.
22. The first Latin American actress who started acting in Hollywood films - Maria Montez (Maria Africa Vidal de Santos Silas), Dominican descent. She was born, by the way, in the desert Barahona (in the south of the Dominican Republic) among the cacti.
23. Only in the Dominican Republic are found red-eyed iguanas Ricordi (Cyclura ricordi) - there are only 2000 individuals. Interestingly, in Barahona the local population says that iguanas their crests at speed proparyvayut goat belly (it must have some very reactive iguanas, with whom no one had met before).
And here is found the great and terrible SOLENODON, in addition to the Dominican Republic, which is found in Cuba. SOLENODON aka Solenodon Paradoxus, is interesting because it does not have immunity from its own venom glands. That is, if in the struggle for territorial influence or female, he bites other SOLENODON, its days are numbered. At only 2 SOLENODON nipple, so it can only feed two people, at least - three cubs. Because of the odd-shaped spout zhivotinka can not just drink water, for this she needs to go into a puddle or stream.
24. Many forums Dominicana write that, they say, Dominicans are often deceived or many kosyachat. This is not true. In fact, the situation is as follows: a Dominican, unwittingly, a great believer in what he is able to perform a particular task, and in most cases this belief is just overshadows a sober assessment of his mind. It is, stupid blame them. 25. It may seem strange for the islanders, but most Dominicans do not know how to swim. If, for example, the Dominican family rented holiday villa on the first line, and there is a pool, they will never climb into the sea. Although the ability to swim in this case to do with it. For Dominicans pool - it's probably a symbol of wealth.
26. The most common footwear among Europeans in the resort areas - flip flops. Among the Dominicans - sneakers and winter boots construction.
27. In the Dominican Republic, even the men wear T-shirts with rhinestones. Dominicans love shiny clothes. For the same reason no one takes holographic stickers with caps. One of the attractions for tourists - a walk on the beach with a metal detector. Seen people who are good with this rose. After all, the islanders dress up like Christmas trees with gold.
28. The Dominicans - friendly people, and if they are going to celebrate some kind of action, it is usually rented Mini Bus, or something like that. The most optimal machines in the country - pick-up, they can fit behind a lot of relatives.
29. One of the biggest salt lakes in the world - a crocodile lake Lago Enriquillo - has about 400 species of the American crocodile, when the size of a lake of 370 square kilometers. That is, on average, one crocodile per square kilometer. Yes, the level of "salinity" 8 times "saltiness" of the Caribbean. I would check "it pushes me by force of Archimedes", but crocodiles ...
30. In the Dominican Republic do not have pensions. Old people helping numerous relatives.
That is the exact opposite of Russia, where the symbol of resentment is unfortunate pensioner. Unhappy old age - this is not about the Dominican Republic for sure. I often see people who are 70-80 years, and nothing: dancing, singing and smoking cigars, drinking rum.
31. Speed bumps in the Dominican Republic do not fit under any standards. Who else could have built. Many do not even marked, but you get used to it quickly, because the quality of the roads are much better than in Russia. 32. The concepts of "rainy season" in the Dominican Republic, in principle, does not exist. In the Dominican Republic, an umbrella, mainly designed to protect from the sun, because the rains are mostly at night, or an hour and a half in the afternoon. Spanish: la sombrilla (from sombra - shadow). More rains from May to September, it is true. But to compare local rains with authentic Thai tropical downpours stupid. That is, such a nice weather. The climate in the Dominican Republic - Tropical moist, comfortable enough.
33. Non-smoking In the Dominican Republic, although the country is the largest exporter of tobacco. By the way, of Davidoff also moved to the Dominican, not Cuban tobacco. Dominican favorite question: "Why do you smoke?" A pack of cigarettes in the Dominican Republic worth 2.5-3 dollar
34. In contrast, the same Russia, for example, are made to fly in airplanes and helicopters, which do not interfere with any bureaucratic machinations with filling hundreds of papers before departure. In reality, often more profitable and faster to use the more air-taxi. Tickets from Punta Cana to Las Terrenas, for example, cost $ 150. Of course, the price of tickets may vary depending on the number of people.
35. Usually the question, where you have so many brothers / sisters should answer: "We had the TV on in the family." I remember, I came to visit a friend, so he had the whole village - relatives. This, of course, applies more to the villages.
36. In the Dominican Republic, unfortunately, there is no tea culture. The only thing you can be satisfied with this tea Lipton. Therefore it is better to bring a tea or order from Americhki than we enthusiastically doing. By the way, as if it was not funny, immigrants who regularly travel to Russia, brought there, mainly food: tea, bread, sausages, dried fish, caviar. By coincidence, the meat here only know how to fry, boil or stew. The Dominican Republic is waiting for its messiah Barbecue place, welcome!
37. It is almost impossible to see a drunken man. Peace crazy enough (especially in the capital of the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo), drunk - the day the fire. Dominicans drink a lot, but I never get drunk, knowing the measure. It is interesting that according to the law "can not drink and drive." In a literal sense it means that the drink "to the steering wheel" is possible, and while driving is impossible. However, accidents are ten times lower than in Russia. Do you know why? Driving style: from the Dominicans no aggression. 38. When in the Dominican Republic appeared radars on the roads behind them were the road signs "Beware of the radars."
39. Dominican Republic - a country of retail. Only in the capital, there are hypermarkets, intended for almost wholesale purchases. Although seemingly illogical, large families ... In the Dominican Republic to buy a rope and nails can be on weight and screws - piece. Bananas, lemons, avocados, mangos and oranges are sold by the piece. Also, the piece can be bought pads, diapers and cigarettes.
40. In some Dominican pharmacies in Santo Domingo, you can safely buy cigarettes, hammer and nails in the morning. We Dominicans accepted if you do shop, there should be everything that could be of interest to the target audience within a few quarters.
41. In the Dominican Republic the V 110, but 90 percent of devices imported from Russia, are working properly.
42. For unknown reasons, one passport can be issued only 3 sim card. But since most of the girls in the mobile phone stores are not much zaparivat rewriting Russian letters in Roman letters, then the number of attempts is not limited. For example, my name (Schreiber) consists of 15 characters in one of the Dominican this.
43. In the Dominican Republic the question: "How are you today online" - is considered indecent. Most of the people out of laziness, or even for some reason, is not able to put themselves normal Internet. But all is not as difficult as it seems. But there is good news - is already in full swing pulled fiber, and it will soon be available to everyone. fiber nodes have the Punta Cana and Puerto Plata.
44. In the Dominican Republic, as in other countries in Central and Latin America, put the rice in salt, so that she does not dampen. But, by the way, physically moisture is not felt, except that slowly dries linen. But for this cunning man long ago I invented a washing machine with a spin.
they press close to the road, so as not to occupy the lands of others, because they are mainly built on their lands are not + Materials is not necessary to wear: 45. The poor part of the Dominican population prefers to be built closer to the road for a few reasons. 46. In the Dominican Republic landmarks type "about advertising Brugal'ya" (local rum producer) equivalent phrase "here everywhere palm" or "then the house with a palm roof." As a consequence, considered the extreme idiocy.
47. Duarte Peak (Pico Duarte, near Jarabacoa) - the highest point of the Antilles, 3087 meters above sea level. Our local Everest, if you will.
48. Dominican - largest cocoa exporter. However, chocolate is not able to do. Yes, there are 3-4 species, but they are interesting if, purely in the culinary sense. Here and ready idea for a business in the Dominican Republic.
49. The Dominicans drinking coffee from plastic cups that can hold a total of 20 milliliters. It is worth the happiness of 5 Dominican rubles, sold around bus stops, kiosks and in parks. They are from real coffee, often with home plantation.
What's interesting, even the most tasteless Dominican coffee, "Santo Domingo" - in Moscow off like hot cakes. Fortunately, here we have something to compare.
50. In the Dominican Republic is hard to find a hair salon where she can make a perm. Do you know why? We Dominicans born curly hair, so there is 99 per cent of salons do hair straightening. Dominican really like it, straight hair, it really is.
51. Green Tomatoes. If you open a restaurant in the Dominican Republic, then hang in the kitchen picture red tomato, the first item. Local somehow unaware that tomatoes should be just red.
52. In the clothing stores in mannequins female breasts more than a fifth the size. No wonder, yeah.
53. Standard Dominican topic - call on the phone and ask, "Who are you?"
54. Just with knowledge of English to go to the Dominican Republic for rest is useless. Few places speak any language other than Spanish. Is that in the system of hotels "all inclusive". As well, language learning Months 3, of course, if desired. Live chat, manuals, notes with a pencil in his pocket. It is better if you get the basics back in Russia. 55. Most Dominicans instead ask again companion, make motion nose as if going to sneeze. They themselves over a mock about it, they say, there is a similarity with rabbits.
56. In the Dominican Republic can not simply buy fireworks. Only qualified people specially trained by the office can make your party or wedding colors brighter in the night. Strangely, it is not clear what they fear. By and large, all the houses and villas in the Dominican Republic made of cement and cinder block, wood is rarely used. Maximum palm roof, and then infrequently. It's more fun for tourists, bungalows, all the cases. Never seen a fire in, not once in 6 years.
57. Language in the Dominican Republic is similar to Spanish. I would say it is a dialect of Spanish, in which there are many English words (America side by side) + exclusively Dominican pronunciation swallowing half the words.
58. Movement of the RD bus typically associated with almost negative temperature in the cabin. Air conditioners are in the public transport fry full. Dominicans peep from the cold, but did not ask to switch off. For them cold in a vehicle - it is a sign of prosperity. That is injected, but continued to chew the cactus.
59. Schools in the Dominican Republic. If you do well you learn, then you either do not pay for a tour, or do you offer a substantial discount.
60. What is nice, each stall has a messenger, that is not necessary to go out for food, cigarettes or anything else. Home delivery is possible and many restaurants / cafes. For elderly people it is really convenient.
Another interesting phenomenon - the city in the Dominican Republic with the evangelical areas where you can not buy any alcohol or cigarettes. In general, evangelicals - people shell-shocked to the waist on both sides. Suffice it to 5 seconds of conversation to recognize this type of person. Example: Sunday, 7 am, a guy starts to read the sermon at the crossroads under the window. Plate / Mug (any other packages, you do not mind) ... Therapy "from above" helps perfect.
61. By the way, 24-hour establishments here. Only clubs and bars, but not everywhere, as the law prohibits the sale of alcohol after 2 am (depending on the region). Again, who pays the rules the ball.
62. After a particularly heavy rains in the Dominican Republic, which occur infrequently, get out of the land of the flying ants-lived. They fly in a bunch, and the next morning across the terrace lying wings to throw off them.
63. In the majority of Dominican public kiosks houses hanging plate "No Fio", meaning "do not give in debt." Also have more fun variation - "Hoy no fio, manana - si". "Today, the debt does not give, tomorrow - yes."
64. In the Dominican Republic adequate appeal to any woman deemed "amor" (from the Spanish -. Amor "love"), "mi vida" (Spanish -. Mi vida "my life").
65. The Dominicans devout people. Therefore, one of the most common sayings:
"Si Dios quiere", which means "If God wants it"
"Si Dios permite" - "If God will allow." What is necessary to answer that "yes, allow, let in pace!"
66. Policy. In the Dominican Republic will not confuse anyone if billboard MP called "Juancito", by analogy with the Russian language it would be "Vanya." I have a friend host shrimp shop in the north of the Dominican Republic, he has twice stood for.
67. In a country all drinks except coffee served with ice, or rather, with lots of ice. Also Dominicans love to just chew on ice.
68. As in the Dominican Republic one of the favorite sports is baseball, then do a system for shearing mango bamboo sticks and bottles just shameful. Dominicans prefer to throw stones, calculated to bring down the tasty fruit. Actually, they get it quite handily. I once gave the kids a few bamboo fixtures, after which within a radius of half a kilometer from their homes all the mango trees miraculously empty. Like locusts bumped, I do not know what happened.
Incidentally, after the championships, fans favorite entertainment - to tie the old stiralku or TV to the car and go to the city-winner, dragging a rope. Or, alternatively, a rag doll as a man in the colors of the opposing team. 69. As we know, the weather in the Dominican Republic does not mean snow. One of the inventions became palma-board. Local similarity snowboard. We need to find a dried leaf of royal palms, and, resting his front foot in the sharp end - to roll down the mountain (preferably without stumps and other obstacles). I saw craftsmen who managed to ride about 15-20 meters.
70. In the Dominican sushi bars have such an innovation as rolls with chicken, strange, not with beans, given that the beans with rice - the national dish.
71. In the Dominican Republic the word "tigre" (ICP -. "Tiger"), does not mean that a person menacing like a tiger, but that it Gopnik. With regard to the tourist, it has a slightly different meaning - "you are not up to snuff."
72. Since the majority of Dominicans have never seen a real tree, and her image is for them a distant secret on the streets on New Year in the Dominican Republic can be seen simply masterpieces. And in stores auto decorations herringbone flavor called "Pine" (Spanish: -. "Pinita"). Christmas trees are starting to dress up in October, by the way.
In the Dominican Republic are very fond of the New Year to buy wicker deer. They are in no way similar to the deer, but the idea was about this. Question number two: Santa Claus sleigh brakes on the white sand beaches of the Dominican?
73. The word "honey" in the Dominican Republic accompanied by the word "bee" as if someone has come up with a donkey honey.
74. It is very rare on the locals, you can see the clock. Basically, they look while in the Dominican Republic on a mobile phone. But if there is, then it must be a very heavy pot, yes. By the way, the time difference in the Dominican Republic, and Moscow - 8 hours.
75. The Dominicans - a very musical people everywhere are singing. Absolutely fine, if a cashier in a bank, he suddenly begins to sing. And most importantly, they did not hesitate.
76. In one restaurant you will not look askance if you ask "wrapped with a" what is not eaten, or cook something else to take away. It's just a normal attitude to food and respect for the institution hosts. 77. In the Dominican Republic officially banned abortion. If I'm not mistaken, just evangelicals podsobit.
78. The only country in Central and Latin America, where there is a city named "Come to look" (Spanish. Vengan a Ver), located almost on the border with Haiti.
79. One of the biggest misconceptions about the Dominican Republic - there's nothing here. In fact, it is not. Firstly, there is everything here, and secondly - in the Dominican Republic is well-developed purchase via the Internet, the blessing America next to where the goods are 3-4 times cheaper than in Russia.
Plus, as if that's not enough for the Russian people, but ordering anything from America to the Dominican Republic, you did, yes, did not get a brick, and the goods which ordered.
80. In the Dominican Republic there are railways with a total length of about one and a half thousand kilometers. One problem - the width of the rails everywhere different. Used purely for transportation of cane.
Metro is. One branch of Santo Domingo. Dominicans, by the way, for unknown reasons, are afraid to ride it. Not all, of course, but they are fearful.
81. Ease of Dominican passports that give a visa to the United States immediately to 10 years. Incidentally, the Dominican Republic recognizes "world passport".
82. At petrol filling stations are not measures the gallons, and the amount. "Fill me a thousand pesos."
83. In the capital of the Dominican Republic there is a separate caste of people - Parking equipment. That is, you are a peaceful park a an empty space, and in a reactive mode, flies nerd, and says that he is ready to protect your car (from anyone ?!). He may not even have valet parking, which oversees this point, but to miss the opportunity to tear off the money he can not.
84. In the Dominican Republic craftsmen made of cement simulators. And by the way, all pumped up go - good genetics in the Dominican.
85. Several times seen as due to the lack of matches / lighters, Dominicans lights up, soaking the paper in the fuel tank of motorcycle and igniting a spark from the spark. Resourceful, yeah.
86. If a guy wants to stand out from the crowd, he give light weight machine the entire column. No matter what they are wheezing, and about soundproofing the cabin he does not know, but loud. The main thing that is louder than the neighbor. 87. The Dominicans love to be photographed, and they are wildly photogenic. But, anyway, no harm to ask about the desire to remain in the photo.
88. Chicken in the Dominican Republic have a rest in the trees, well, they are thus saved from the dogs.
89. In order to stir the sugar in the coffee here often give tubes, instead of spoons.
90. Dominican restaurants. The check is already 16 per cent of tax + 10 percent service. If you like food, you can leave an additional 10 percent. My companion in the collection have a receipt where clocked 46, instead of 26 percent. A rare case of greed and idiocy rare, but it is.
91. Cops and the military did not participate in the elections.
92. According to the assumptions of the Dominican intelligence, the remains of Christopher Columbus lie in the Columbus Lighthouse in Santo Domingo, and not anywhere else. No wonder 70 million for the construction of green gave it the eighth wonder of the world.
93. Dominican flag - the only flag in the world, which shows the Bible as one of the popes named Dominican Republic the most Catholic place of the planet. However, I do not remember which one.
94. In 2003, the Miss Universe became a Dominican, Amelia Vega Polanco. And the competition in 1977, held in Santo Domingo, Blanca Aurora Sardinas advanced to the semifinals. In general, the country breeds a strikingly beautiful girls.
95. In the Dominican homes (we are talking about villages) glass are used, mainly, wooden or metal shutters.
96. RD no central hot water supply, the local washed under cold. But due to the fact that the water tanks are black - it is, however, far from being cold.
97. There is oil. The first deposits were discovered in the Dominican Republic Azua in the south area of the city (1981). Americans from Texas received a 20-year right to suctioning with monthly limits, such cases. Dominican oil reserves would be enough to provide the country with its gasoline, but it is from Venezuela import quietly. By the way, and supply of electricity, for nuclear power plants here does not smell. Although very active and implemented solar panels and wind turbines + state supports autonomous, independent from electricity citizens. The second deposit - in Altagracia province, directly on the surface of the leaks. It is not clear how efficiently procure her there, all in the course of research.
98. Films in theaters often are in English with Spanish subtitles.
99. Stray cats are missing as a species, dogs - a lot. In the Dominican Republic dogs are divided into two types. For example, there is "Pitt bull" and "Pitt Bull raza pura" (... pure race). In both cases, it is a cross between a bulldog with a rhinoceros in the veterinary passport will put the rock, who said the owner. In short, beware of imitations!
The Dominican Republic is rare beast: a dog-manyanka (from the Spanish manana - tomorrow.). trankvilizirovanny dog, which excites a little road traffic or whatever was on his head. For example, he can sleep on the roadway, or enjoy the reproduction of new manyanok right at rush hour on a busy highway. In Las Terrenas, by the way, all the yard Terriers sterilized, just not to the fetus.
There is a belief that if the Dominican something overlooked, or simply forgot to come to the meeting place, then the cause will unconditioned manyanki bite. Russian in the Dominican Republic called the dogs "Tranquille" (from tranquilo -. App quiet).
100. The Dominican national dish "sankocho" - is a nourishing meat soup. Perhaps the most delicious thing I ever have in my life.
February 12, 2007, after 5 hours of cooking in 4 meter cauldron, was a record of the largest sankocho in the world, 3000 mouths: 11 cooks, 300 pounds of beef, 250 - Pork 150 - chicken, 500 bananas, 300 UCC, and condiments .
101. After Pearl Harbor, the Dominican Republic declared war on Germany and Japan (apparently threatening to incite the bicycle these troops). If not for the Dominican Republic ... In short, Hitler saw.
102. Off the coast of the Dominican sea cows are found.
103. If you're white, then you are an American Dominican. Even after explaining that you are Russian, 20 percent of the time you will remain an American from the state of Russia. 104. The main construction material - concrete. In the Dominican Republic, and the bed is made of it, and on top - the mattress, so you do not think anything.
105. In the Dominican Republic unrealistic low-quality alcohol poisoned, even buying it on the border with Haiti. Here seriously monitor this issue.
106. The national bird of the Dominican Republic - Cigua Palmera (strange that no hummingbirds are many here), flower - West Indian Mahogany (Swietenia Mahagon).
107. Since mid-January to the end of March to the shores of the Dominican Republic whales swim, and tusyat in the Bay of Samana (Samana).
108. Approximately 25 percent of the land in the Dominican Republic under the allocated reserves.
109. Sugar, tobacco, cocoa and coffee - 4 main export crops in the Dominican Republic. On sugar cane harvested manually. Not because they have not been able to optimize this process, just to cane continued to grow, it needs to be cut down in a certain place.
110. The country's national drink, "Mamajuana", made from rum, red house wine, honey, tree bark and twigs of a bush of the same name. Aphrodisiac, so, be careful out there.
111. Among the other minerals mined in the Dominican Republic marble. And you will not believe that out of it in particular make. Marble washing board from a single piece of marble.
112. RD use only pure drinking water from the 20-liter bottles. Is it worth the happiness of 50 Dominican rubles. That is, for 50 rubles you bring it home and exchanged for empty.
113. In the Dominican Republic there are special musical streets. For some reason they do not think about competition. That is, 25 music equipment stores in a row - this is normal.
114. The police are very friendly to both local and come to rest in the Dominican Republic. Feel free to ask them to fix you quadrics if stuck somewhere in the jungle, and they will not give up.
115. How to fly to the Dominican Republic? Moscow - 12 hours.
116. On a world map Dominican Republic is located between Cuba and Puerto Rico. 117. In the Dominican buildings taken to hire a maid. This applies to people middle class and above.
118. It is possible to fly the whole Dominican diagonally from Las Terrenas to Bahia de Las Aguilas and a half hours on the twin-engine plane. Nevertheless, the country is so rich in attractions that the study of its waterfalls, mountains, nature reserves may take many years.
119. The Dominicans are very clean are their cars, so even in the very small town, you will easily find the "Carwash" (car wash), where there is always a cold beer and loud music. Many people come to relax, that is, even without the purpose of washing the car.
120. Guides Punta Cana tell us about the fact that the country is dangerous, and outside the hotel gates just scared to go: shoot, rape and rob view. Against this background, successfully sold "safest" in the Dominican Republic excursions. In general, the guides dodge as they can, if only to sell their services. Then such myths are born in a review of the Dominican Republic.