According to an old Siberian city walk
• of ancient Siberian city of Walk
Ancient Siberian city of Irkutsk was founded as a fort in 1661. Today is the sixth largest city in Siberia, and its historic center was inscribed on the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Two o'clock in the morning. I walked along Lenin Street closed around tents in search of the newspaper. Across the street stood Kohl and photographed the beautiful facade of a medical institution. Silence of the night broke the loaves sound home - in fact, it turned out to be an ordinary police UAZ, which floated slowly along the main street of the city. In contrast Koli car slowed uncertainly, as if the people looking out for its fullness in the night photography suspicious type. Squeaked brakes, the car stopped. There was a creaking window lowered, heralding the beginning of the conversation simple enough:
- Who are you? What are you doing here? - is not presented, with a slight hint of irritation, he turned to Captain Cole Irkutsk police. What was the question, and the answer is as follows:
- I'm a photographer, I rented.
- What for?
- For myself. I like to shoot.
- And you're here to shoot?
- Rent a city architecture.
- What? Architecture? What is architecture? - on this question, and the patience of the captain over. He hurried out of the car, but the door would not open from the inside. Puffing, police opened until the end of my window and the outside pulled the door handle. Uazik spat guard order on the empty street with earflaps which has fallen into the mud. - Once again, who and what are you doing here? - brushing his hat, he went to the Captain Cole. At this point, I approached and asked to see our photos from the camera. From viewing the police started a little kinder pictures. Then, without saying goodbye, he got into the car and slammed the door. UAZ left. I told Cole that his green jacket strongly attracts attention, and he did not believe.
In Irkutsk, we spent two nights and during that time had a little bit to see the city, pick up a few roofs and mingle with the locals
We got a lovely one-bedroom apartment on the 18th floor of the new building. With a spacious kitchen and a balcony. A great option for your money.
From our balcony offers a beautiful view of the Academic Bridge and hangars:
Houses on Elizovsky and Krivoy Islands. I wonder whether there is a store there? Angara, by the way, downstream of Irkutsk HPP does not freeze even in the most severe frosts:
Glazkovsky bridge built in 1931-1936 under the project of the engineer and architect Polikarpov Frenchman as a monument to Lenin:
Railway Station Irkutsk-Passenger. The first train arrived here from Krasnoyarsk in the distant 1898.
Fishermen on the Angara:
Glazkovsky bridge across the Angara River is the oldest existing bridge in Irkutsk. Its total length - 1245 meters. It relies on the river 5 and 32 shore bearing:
Holy Trinity Church:
Crossroads of Stepan Razin and Chkalov:
Architectural plague, inherent in all Russian cities, unfortunately, not spared Irkutsk side. In the city there are only a few old streets that have preserved the appearance of the old city. Many beautiful wooden houses, monuments, coexist with modern faceless monsters, painted in 3dMax. Should this occur in some German or Italian town, the chief architect of the city would quickly burned at the stake.
Here is the modern Irkutsk.
Grado-Irkutsk church in the morning mist:
Komsomol Island and board the Aeroflot from Moscow:
Evening Irkutsk and the street Zhambyl:
Panorama of the city.
North view towards the village of Kirov:
Here's a he, Irkutsk.