10 facts about the hygiene of the past
• 10 facts about the hygiene of the last
Although hygiene and origin dates back to ancient Greek times, now its development began only in the mid-19th century. And what it was before? But this ...
1. Wash your hands at least once a day, began only in the 18th century, wealthy residents of the Netherlands.
2. The members of the family took a bath, without changing the water, one after the other, until all pomoyut.
3. clothes to wash 2-3 times a year with the help of urine and alkali.
4. In the Middle Ages, the urine is often used as a cosmetic product, for example, for washing.
5. Instead of toilet paper used leaves, rags or nothing.
6. All that falls to the floor, do not clean up, and being abandoned armfuls of fresh hay. When the hay began to rot, it ... just threw fresh armfuls.
7. The bugs were constant companions most restless nights. To get rid of bedbugs, it was necessary to replace all the furniture in the house, and it is the majority of people could not afford.
8. In medieval Europe, it was decided to mask the odors of flowers and perfume, instead of to bring purity. The same applies to personal hygiene.
9. To lay lush and complex hairstyles ladies used goose fat - the perfect breeding ground for parasites.
10. In a period in vogue artificial eyebrows, which were made of mouse skins and pasted on his face.