Words that leave wounds
• Words that leave wounds
These photos will make you feel awkward, even uncomfortable. But this project has not been created for your mental comfort, but for you to think, ask yourself one question. Feel that people who are subjected to verbal abuse and humiliation? Can insulting words and do not leave wounds on the body, but they are left unhealed wounds in the soul.
What would happen if the hurtful words left wounds on our bodies? Maybe then people would began to treat serious verbal abuse. This is what the author hopes the photo project called "choice of weapons" ( "Weapon of choice") photographer Richard Johnson.
1. The man in the photo I had chosen the word "worthless" or worthless. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
The idea was to create a visual representation of the wounds on the body, which leaves the verbal violence. Make-up artists "made" the wounds on the bodies of the participants of the project and wrote the word chosen by each participant from the list proposed by the photographer, who in their opinion the most offensive and unfair.
2. The body of the girl the word "cunt", which is a decent means "vagina", and indecent, and you know. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
"We called this project" choice of weapons ", because physical violence goes hand in hand with insults. Whether the abuser uses physical or moral violence is only his choice ", - says Richard Johnson.
3. The boy chose the word "faggot" or gay. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
Before anyone hit first offenders use offensive words, as much as possible to humiliate their victim.
4. Select the girl word - "pathetic" or pathetic. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
Children participating in the project also faced in their lives with a mental violence what they were told at the time of the shooting, which surprised not only the crew, but also some parents who were not aware of what is happening with their children.
5. The teenager I chose the word "freak" or a freak. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
These photographs evoke strong emotional reactions of people, many feel uncomfortable, others say that by looking at them, as it were, become complicit in the violence.
6. The word on the girl's body - "moron" or idiot, idiot. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
"During the project, we learned that verbal violence have a 3rd party - the executioner, victim and witness. Those witnesses who no effort to stop the violence, in fact, becoming his partner, "- says the photographer.
7. A man in the picture chose the word "nigger" or nigger. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
One of the participants of the project admitted that as a child and became a victim of mental and physical abuse. The scars on his body were long gone, but the "wounds" have remained until now.
8. The boy chose the word "dork" or jerk. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
Author of the project itself has been a victim of physical and emotional abuse.
9. The girl chose the word "spoiled" or spoiled. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
Scars that leaves an emotional abuse, invisible, and victims of domestic violence often do not talk to anyone about it.
10. The woman in the photo once said that it is "worse than trash." She chose the word "trash" or garbage, trash. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
11. Of all the insulting words suggested photographer, children, project participants have chosen as the most unfair and humiliating word "idiot" or "stupid". (Photo: Richard Johnson).
12. The word "a slut" or "whore" - this is not only an insult, but a charge. The word, which is not only demeaning, but also destroys the reputation of a girl or woman. Participants of the project, which was once called this word, with great difficulty, tell their stories. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
13. The boy in the photo considers the most offensive expression "little girl". Is not it strange to be a girl - it must be humiliating for the opinion of boys and men? Probably only for misogynist and those ... do without insults, who believe that the female gender male worse. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
The photographer said that all images will be transferred to non-profit organizations that help victims of domestic violence and child. "I hope that this will help bring attention to this issue", - he says.
14. Dvochka chose insulting word "dumb" or dull. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
15. "Retard" or tormoznutaya, lag behind in development. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
16. The girl chose the word "bitch" or "bitch". (Photo: Richard Johnson).
17. The phrase written on the hands of the girl "four eyes" or wearing glasses. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
18. The word on the boy's cheek "brat" or offspring. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
19. "Ugly" or ugly. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
20. "Idiot" or idiot. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
21. "Fat" or oily, thick. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
22. "Useless" or useless, worthless. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
23. "Coward" or a coward. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
24. "Disgrace" or shame. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
25. "Mistake", or an error. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
Sometimes even abandoned in the hearts of hurtful words can leave an incurable wound in the hearts of people. Just remember this.