10 interesting facts about the Crimea
• 10 interesting facts about the Crimea
The Crimean peninsula is breathtakingly beautiful and amazing, you can endlessly enumerate many facts to prove it. So, today we will get acquainted with the most interesting of them, and it is likely, after reading these facts you will cover the nostalgia and want to pack their bags immediately.
1. The Crimean peninsula - is unique, because in a small area found several climatic and natural zones. This steppe with its temperate continental climate, the southern coast of the Crimea and the mountains, where the climate zone closer to subtropical.
2. The variety of climate zones and to some extent the isolation of the peninsula led to the emergence of native plant species. There are about two hundred and forty unique plants that can not be found anywhere else on the planet.
3. It is laid on the Crimean peninsula is the longest trolleybus route. It goes between Yalta and Simferopol, and its length is 86 km.
4. In Crimea, also runs the world's shortest tram branch and its length is only 1800 meters. It is situated in a boarding house called the Coast and with its help vacationers can comfortably reach the sea.
5. Coastline in Crimea has a length of about 1,000 km, and here flow 257 rivers and there are 50 salt lakes. The highest point of the peninsula is considered Mount Roman-Con and its height is 1545 meters.
6. One hundred years ago, the peninsula called Tauridia and was part of the Russian Empire as the Tauride province.
7. The most powerful on the planet Power Solar is located on the Crimean peninsula. It was built in 2011 by Austrian specialists and is located in the village of Perovo, and its power - 100 megawatts.
8. The legendary band "Cinema" was founded in 1981 in the village of the sea, which is located on the peninsula.
9. In the vicinity of the well-known Demerdzhi shot reel of film titled "Prisoner of the Caucasus", and in Malorechenskoye "Farewell of Slav" and "Treasure Island."
10. In the autumn there to hunt woodcock. The feathers of this bird used by artists for drawing very thin lines.